Ouch! Time to leave the country and hide I think!

Gitch

Consultant Fellationist
Jan 1, 1970
God's own country merry England
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/4044743.stm

The man responsible for picking the numbers for a Lotto syndicate ran out of money and only got some of the sets of numbers he was supposed to. No prizes for guessing which of the syndicate's regular numbers came up in the big prize draw!

Muppet!

He's cost his fellow syndicate "winners" a cool £100,000 each (That's about US$180,000 plus at todays exchange rate). Wouldn't you have just loved to have been a fly on the wall when he had to explain that one to his co-workers! I think I'd quit my job and move to the other end of the country with an unlisted number.

LOL

Gitch

Consultant Fellationist
Jan 1, 1970
God's own country merry England
My question exactly. To be fair, if its anything like our tea and coffee fund at work people tend to give money where and when they remember and the person in charge just buys the coffee with their groceries and reimburses themselves out of the pot every so often. But even so this is appalling organisation. If he didn't have the cash he should have gone to a cashpoint. Makes you wonder how many other times he has "forgotten" to buy tickets. I'd want to see the recepits for all of the other weeks that he's taken the money just to make sure he actually bought the tickets - after all what are the odds that this is the first time its happened?